“You can’t be sad when you’re holding a cupcake.”
It was my brother’s birthday last weekend, so I whipped up a batch of cupcakes to serve at a family BBQ to celebrate. And just to add a little something extra, these cupcakes are flavoured with caramel and chocolate chips.
What do I need?
- 200g baking margarine
- 200g caster sugar
- 200g self-raising flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp caramel syrup (I use Monin)
- 150g milk chocolate
How do I make it?
- Preheat the oven to 190°c.
- Line a muffin tin with deep cupcake cases.
- Cream the margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time with a tablespoon of flour and mix.
- Add the remaining flour and fold in with a spatula or mix on a low speed – don’t beat the air out of it!
- Chop the chocolate into small chunks and stir gently into the cake mixture.
- Add a tablespoon of mixture to each cupcake case – make sure they are all even.
- Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown and a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool – these can also be decorated with glace icing and toffee sauce if you’re feeling decadent!
What’s your favourite flavour of cupcake?