“These are a few of my favourite things.” – The Sound of Music
I hit a bit of a wall recently in terms of my blog. I just didn’t feel like I had much to write. But, after a short period of cutting myself some slack for not having the most expensive camera, the best theme or the ‘trendiest’ content, I’m back to posting. I’ve decided to focus my blog slightly more (look at the tabs above!) onto lifestyle, theatre and baking – my own interests. So to kickstart April, here are a few things I’ve particularly enjoyed throughout March.
- Colour Freedom Pink Pizazz Hair Dye – For a long time, I’ve wanted to do something interesting with my hair. It’s long and in good condition, so I don’t want to dye it all over and ruin it. This was a nice compromise. With the help of my housemate, Colour Freedom is good for streaks or dip dye and is available in loads of colours! I went for Pink Pizazz. The only thing I would say is that the dye does not stay on very long and needs to be topped up every week or so, but this also means it is good to test out whether or not the colour suits you in the first place!
- Garnier Ultimate Blends “The Sleek Perfector” Oil – I have used this hair oil for a long time, but slipped out of the habit over summer and the start of uni. My hair started feeling really dry and straw like on the ends (the problems of having long hair!) and as soon as I saw the oil was half price, I had to buy it. It is a miracle. Also perfect for when you’ve come back from a holiday abroad and the sun has destroyed your hair – sorts you out nicely!
Entertainment and Social Media
- Pinterest – Now, although Pinterest has been around for a long time, it never used to be something I could get to grips with – all that ‘pinning’ malarkey just looked confusing! But recently I’ve fallen in love with it; I like it most for finding recipes to find out and adapt into student meals, and drooling over chocolatey bakes and delicious desserts that make me very jealous of other’s baking abilities! I’ve also got boards for DIY gifts, party ideas and homeware – they have a pin to suit everyone! You can find my Pinterest here.
- Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Camera – It’s no secret that I’m a very camera happy person, whether that be selfies with all my friends and family, or photos of meals out and cakes that I’ve made which I am particularly proud of. For Christmas, my boyfriend bought me this instant camera – it has been the perfect gift. I can’t tell you’ve how much I’ve used this just these past few months – I love the quirky additions of these small snaps to my scrapbook and I’m happy to keep buying the film (even if it is on the expensive side), just to have those wonderfully retro photos!
- Funko Pop! Vinyl’s – These figurines are a relatively new discovery for me (where have I been?!) and I have to say my collection is only growing by the week! There are currently 10 different Pop! Vinyl’s sat on my shelf in my university bedroom – as you can see from the photograph below it is quite the range. There is something for everyone from Disney characters to Harry Potter and Star Wars. I’ve got my eye on plenty of new ones too and I love having them displayed with my books and other cute homeware bits and pieces.
Food and Drink
- Mini Eggs – My classic Easter treat! Every year, as soon as Mini Eggs are back in shops, I have to get some. I could quite easily get through a bag by myself in about 5 minutes flat. They’re brilliant for baking too! The photo below shows the cake I made for my boyfriend’s 19th birthday. Any opportunity to whack them on a decadent heap of chocolate and that’s it – mini eggs galore!
- Roly’s Fudge – Recently, I went for a day out in Stratford-upon-Avon – see my post about that here! While we were there, we stumbled upon an independent shop called Roly’s Fudge – selling the crumbliest, best tasting fudge you could imagine! We picked up three flavours: Sea Salt, Hot Cross Buns and Baileys – they were all lovely. As someone who has tried and failed many times to make it, I can appreciate a nice chunk of well made fudge.
- Strawberry and Lime Cider – This is definitely one of my go-to summer drinks, and as we seem to have had some random bright and warm days, it has been ‘beer garden weather’. Nothing better than sitting in the sun on a warm day, with a nice, cold, fruity cider. Rekorderlig is my favourite brand of strawberry and lime cider – I think it’s slightly sweeter than others. Either way, I’ve been enjoying this a lot!
What have you been loving this month?